|Job Type||Vocational Coach|
Vocational Coach/ Assessor –Hospitality
Main purpose of job:
To successfully progress learners within their chosen framework, including delivery of qualifications to level 3, delivering high quality teaching and learning within the framework and sector requirements.
• Reporting to Sector Lead
• IQA Team
• Team of Vocational Coaches
• Head of Employer Engagement
• Liaise with employers, learners, subcontractors, connexions, schools, stakeholders, awarding body and external agencies
Main tasks of job:
• Ensure effective delivery of teaching, learning and assessment to meet individual, team and organisational targets and objectives line with the Joint Learning Business Plan.
• Liaise with other departments to promote their sector and areas of delivery.
• Interview, initially assess, induct and sign up learners onto the relevant training programme and ensure that all paperwork complies with funding/awarding body requirements.
• Conduct monthly reviews recording all TLA activities undertaken throughout the month in line with the current ILP and IQA standards.
• Give tailored Information, Advice and Guidance and record this within regular reviews with SMART target setting.
• Develop, evaluate, reflect and update scheme of work and session plans and deliver training to enhance the learning experience of learners.
• Maintain calendars and caseloads and recruit learners to maintain caseload.
• Keep up to date with training needed for specific industries and sectors through labour market intelligence and with industry activity including new products, services that the company may need to include in any sector developments and subsequent training programs.
• Maintain individual and team start and achievement rates and timely completion performance rates above SFA minimum levels of performance and agreed KPI’s.
• Maintain standards driven quality assurance and manage own time effectively.
• Ensure start, retention and timely achievement targets are met and maintain learner files and review records in accordance with organisations procedures.
• Complete and maintain programme documentation in accordance with audit requirements.
• Undertake Health and Safety appraisal and reviews as determined by Joint Learning’s Quality Management system.
• Arrange and undertake visits to current and potential employers to market and sell all Joint Learning services.
• Attend all internal meetings as required and represent Joint Learning during external opportunities such as, but not limited to, Careers and schools events.
• To keep learners on programme up to date on health and safety and ensure all relevant paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
• Ensure effective reporting of learner safeguarding concerns.
• Assist with the marketing and promotion of the Company’s business, products and services on an on-going basis to meet the Company’s short-term and long-term goals and objectives.
• Any other duties of a similar nature that may be required from time.
• Level 3 Industry specific qualifications
• 5 GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent
• Assessor Award – A1/ Internal Verifier Award – V1
• PTLL’s or equivalent
• Certificate in Education
• L2 Functional Skills
• Ability to manage a caseload of learners
• Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
• Work flexibly in line with needs of the business
• Work on own and as part of a team
• Ability to make a positive contribution to your team, valuing colleagues particular professional expertise and respecting other members of the team as individuals
• Good negotiation skills
|Essential or desirable?||How is it assessed?||Experience:|
Skills and competencies.
Values and Behaviours:
We will take every opportunity to positively sell Joint Learning internally and externally
We will take responsibility for our own personal development and the well being of the organisation
We will be responsible and accountable in all of our dealings with others.
We will help people realise their full potential.
We will excel by embracing change and developing the services needed by our customers
We will be honest, transparent and consistent in all of our dealings
If you are not selected for interview within 3 weeks of the closing date, you will not be contacted but your details will be kept on file for 3 months.